Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The man behind the vision.....

Jonathan Johnson is my name, 26 year old every day type of guy from Dallas, Texas. Loving life and living it to the max. From the day I was born, I had a purpose on my life. Granted, finding your purpose can easily take years, but God showed me my purpose when I was around 20 years old. That purpose was to help as many people as I can through my testimony as well as the testimonies of others....

The testimony you ask...I was diagnosed with kidney failure in 1999 when I was fifteen years old. Which of course changed my outlook on life. I had to grow up sooner than I wanted to, and I also found myself fighting for my life. It was a long road traveled, but with much prayer and support from my family and friends, I was blessed with a transplanted kidney in 2001 at age seventeen. After my surgery, I knew I had to make a difference in not only my community, but the world as well. To date, I've had my kidney for nine years and some months, and this November 21, 2011 will make TEN years.

Because of my journey, I have decided to write my first book about my life before, during, and after my kidney transplant. This book is for the people who have stood in my shoes. For the people who want to tell their story, but can't. This book is for the people who have held me down and supported my dreams as I attempt to bring change into the world. Besides the book, I will be doing blogs such as this one, along with video logs, a website which is coming soon and starting my own kidney foundation...so lend your support and help me change lives.

"What's 4 U is just that...its 4 U...and nobody can take that awat from you when God's hand is in it...but take note, be greatful for what God has given you and the talents He has BLESSED U with...afterall if you don't use your talents, they tend to get taken away..Rome wasn't built in one day, so don't think SUCCESS comes overnite...stay prayerful and keep working...and SEE what happens...#unspeakablejoy"

4 comments:

  1. Jonathan,

    Best of luck with your book. Your words and your story will inspire others!

    ~Brent Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Testimony! I know that you will touch many lives with this project because you choose to take a stand and share the GOOD news. I wish you the best in your journey!

    ~Sonya~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brent and Sonya, thanks so much for your support! There will be more to come soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Know this... "What the devil meant for harm.. God will turn it around for the good." Continue to walk it and you will possess it! I Love you unconditionally!

    -Suzanne Neal

    ReplyDelete