Sunday, June 5, 2011

Under construction....The Mae Brown Foundation...

Since my first blog post, a few people asked me what the plan was for my foundation and what purpose will it serve. The foundation name will be The Mae Brown Foundation...Mae Brown was not only the sweetest lady on Earth, but also my Godmother who meant more to me than life itself. She was my angel when she was living and she is my guardian angel as I travel through life. Because of everything that she did for me up until her death, I've always felt it was only right to name this kidney foundation after her.

Something that people don't realize is that the number one and two leading causes for kidney failure is high blood pressure and diabetes...which are prevalent in the minority communities due to the way we eat, the stress in our lives, and many other reasons. But if we trade the fatback for baked fish and we cut back on our salt intake, it will make a great difference in our lives. Besides, whats the point in having kids and you aren't around to see them grow?

The Mae Brown Foundation will be a gateway to the kidney community in an effort to help anybody suffering with these types of issues through multiple events such as fundraisers, kidney walks, benefit programs, and the list will expand as time goes on. Right now this foundation is a vision...but a vision that I know is reachable. This foundation will indeed do it's best to support each and every positive cause...afterall at the end of the day, the world is bigger than just me, so I know we all need each other. Unitl next time, hugh somebody, tell your family that you love them.

"Be the change that you desire to see in the world"

3 comments:

  1. I love how you are informing everyone, especially the minority community on healthy eating habits. It's true that we as society need to care more about our body because recently I just went to the doctor myself and was told that I need more vitamin intake. I love what you're doing, keep the blogs rolling!

    ~Sonya~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fried chicken tastes so good, but so does baked! Most times we don't take the time to make right decisions in regard to what we put in our bodies. When it costs more to healthy than it does to eat crap there is a problem. At least the cost of organic foods are decreasing because the demand is increasing causing more companies to produce organic foods. Great post Jonathan, I'd love to help you with your cause in anyway possible. It starts with us. You can change the world my brotha!!

    Shakara
    Author of
    This Can't be Life
    www.shakaracannon.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shakara, I will indeed need your help. With you being on the west coast...we can reach more ppl...as I make more progress, I will let you know

    ReplyDelete