Sunday, June 12, 2011

What THEY say YOU can't do....

I'm sure we all have been down this road before...dealing with people who tell us what we are capable of doing and not doing....In a lot of cases the people that tell us what we can't do are the people closet to us; it can be a parent, sibling, or a best friend. It can be a certain type of job, graduating from school, or being a good parent and the list goes on. A lot of times we listen to these people because...afterall they are closet to us, right? Which can easily turn into a problem. In most cases, people misjudge our capabilities based on what they are capable of doing, and in other cases the people who say we can't do things in life just don't want us to elevate in life for the fear of passing them.

The good news is, when it comes to what we do in life...it is US who decides how far we go. For example, after two years of living on this Earth...yes, two YEARS, my parents were told that the furthest  education level that I would achieve would be a high school diploma. What those people didn't realize is that I had a praying mother and father who invested countless days and nights in my future...plus I had a will they would not let up. In other words...when I found out what doctors and others had said...I made it my business to not only graduate high school, but to also graduate from the University of North Texas with a BS in Political Science and graduating from the University of Phoenix with my MBA...

Point if this blog is not to brag....but to let all of you know that whatever YOU want to do in life...YOU can indeed do it...never let another person decide your future or make the moves in your life that you should be making....the worse thing that another person can do to you is to "box" you in according to your short comings...afterall, I was labeled as "slow" because I wouldn't talk much as a child and at times when I would talk...I'd stutter....Funny thing is, God will take your shortcomings, flip them and use them to propel you to your DESTINY....I'm living proof...

"When the WORLD brings YOU down to YOUR knees...you are in PERFECT position to PRAY"

4 comments:

  1. You hit this blog right on target. Our loves ones can sometimes doubt us in our dreams that we have for ourselves. I know for a fact when I got pregnant back in college and some people didn't think that I would finish. Well, I finish and going on pursing my MBA. With God on our side, you can achieve your dreams with strong FAITH!

    ~Sonya~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow JJ! I love this and I know everything you've been through has made a STRONG MAN OF GOD. " If god is for us, who can be against us!" Please let him keep using you!!

    Sophia :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so absolutely right!!! For years I was told by my mother's abusive ex and many many other people that I'd never get anywhere, my writing was pointless and I should give up...well, I graduated high school 6 months early, my novel, Spellbound by Fire, is getting published in September and I graduated college with a diploma in journalism. I am pursuing a dream of full-time novel writing by moving to the west coast.

    Thing is, you don't need to listen to any of those people. When someone says to me that I can't do something, I go out and do it just to prove them wrong. Good for you for doing what you want and ignoring doubts. Those are the people who go far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and your right the moment they bring you down to your knees you pray hard.

    ReplyDelete