Thursday, June 30, 2011

Disease knows NO Color.....

More than 26 million Americans have chronic kidney disease and most don't know it......

To date, there are more than one million people living with HIV......

As of 2010, there are over 12 million people live with a form of cancer......


Today's blog is a bit touchy. I think it's safe to say that the majority of us know somebody who has some type of disease; that could be cancer, diabetes, or even AIDS. The reason for this blog is just as the title says...."Disease knows NO color", in a troubled world that is forever getting worse, it is important that we all form a bond, cause at the end of the day...color doesn't matter.

When my doctors called me with the news that they had found me a possible kidney match…it was the BEST news that I had heard in a long time. After I had surgery, I found out who the kidney had come from, a young lady that died in a car accident. I can’t remember her name, and I have yet to actually meet her family, but I know that she wasn’t BLACK….which was just fine with me. I hated to hear that she had passed away, but God uses EVERYDAY people to do EXTRAORDINARY things. I’m sure when she left home that day; she didn’t know that she wouldn’t return. But look at the lives that she was able to save through the donation of her organs….

The point of this blog…help your fellow man and woman. Just because a person has AIDS doesn’t make them any less of a person. Instead of turning your back, lend a hand. Help those that can’t help themselves. The TRUE way to please God is through your SERVICE…anybody can give money to the church…but what service are you lending to others? Service doesn’t always have to be done in a big way. Service can be a smile, it can be a hug, and it can even be prayer. Just do YOUR part….

At the end of the day, we ALL bleed red blood…blood that was shed for us a very long time ago on an old rugged cross. Be sure to take care of yourself and the others around you. Love somebody, care for somebody…and most importantly…send a prayer up for others, and watch EVERYBODY get blessed….

1 comment: